Hi,

As far as I can see it, Maxime's suggestion is a legitimate one. The most
specific right (space) wins over a more general one (wiki). So if you only
have 1 group (XWikiAllGroup) where at wiki level everyone has view and in
various spaces the same group gets edit rights, then all its members will
have edit rights for that space, including your specific user (which is a
member of XWikiAllGroup).

Since your users come from LDAP, you should be able to specify group
membership from LDAP. Then, when you create a space and explicitly assign
edit rights to XWikiAllGroup, do it for Editors instead. This way not
*every* user will get edit rights, just the ones that need to (specified
from LDAP by being members of the Editors group).

You can not have a zero-maintenance setup with just a single group.

Thanks,
Eduard