On Sat, Apr 6, 2013 at 5:58 AM, novnovice <novnov...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can one copy/paste images directly into the page editor? I am testing with
> the xwiki.org sandbox.

Copy pasting images directly in the WYSIWYG editor is not yet
supported. You may see the image before saving, but the image is not
attached to the edited document on save. What happens when you paste
an image depends very much on your Operating System, you browser and
the source you copied the image from. In some cases, when I copied
images from office documents or PDF files I noticed that the browser
(Firefox) inserted the image using the Data URI scheme. In this case
http://jira.xwiki.org/browse/XRENDERING-278 needs to be implemented.
In some other cases, when I copied the image from a (local) file
explorer, the browser just inserted an image tag pointing to the local
file which obviously doesn't work as the editor cannot access local
files.

> It seemed to work, ie the image appeared in the wysiwyg editor. But when I
> try to view it it loses all content and reports an html parse error.
>
> Hmmm...even when I try to upload from my local disk, as an attached image,
> it reports "An error occurred while uploading your file" even though the
> path is valid.

Uploading an attachment should work fine, both from view mode using
the Attachments tab at the bottom of the page and from the WYSIWYG
editor using the Link to attachment or the Image menu,

> Are images useable in xwiki, or is it just that the xwiki sandbox does not
> work right?

Yes they are. Now, depending on the size of your image you may hit
some upload limit.

Hope this helps,
Marius