Hi,

On May 16, 2013, at 9:40 PM, Chris Ward <c...@yellowdave.co.uk> wrote:

> Hi,

[snip]

> Thanks for the messages -
>
> I DO have a hyphen .
>
> http://myserver/xwiki-enterprise-web-5.0.1/bin/edit/Technologies/WebHome

so the URL you use is:
http://candhserver/xwiki-enterprise-web-5.0.1/bin/edit/Technologies/WebHome

Right?

That's a very strange URL. You're supposed to extract the XWiki WAR into a
"xwiki" directory.
See http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/InstallationWAR

> Here's the full message I get in XWiki - not sure if it's very illuminating,
> looks more like and HTML page puked than a "proper" stacktrace .

> report</title><style><!--H1

[snip]

> com.xpn.xwiki.XWikiException: Error number 2 in 0: The wiki
> [candhserver] does not exist com.xpn.xwiki.XWiki.getXWiki(XWiki.java:505)

This is the real error.

You should use http://localhost:8080/xwiki/ (assuming it's running on port 8080)

Now if you really want to use an alias different than localhost you'll need to
read
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/AccessWiki

Or wait for 5.1 or 5.0.2 since I'm going to propose an improvement since a
change we've made in 5.0 is causing troubles in single wiki setup.

> Full stack attached (do attachments work here?

Nope, they're not allowed.