If the hierarchy is closed within the space template (i.e. there's no
parent outside the space, except for the home page parent maybe) then make
sure all parents are specified using just the page name (i.e. a reference
relative to the space template). For instance use SomePage instead of
SpaceTemplate.SomePage in order for the parent to be in the new space when
you copy the page. Of course, the alternative is to programatically set the
parent in the script that copies the space template.

Hope this helps,
Marius