Hi Maxime,

> Hi XWikiers,
>
> I just installed a XWiki Enterprise 5.2 using the exe installer on my
> windows laptop.
> I then connected successfully as Admin and tried to install extensions
> using the Extension Manager. But the answers to my queries are always : "no
> extensions found".
>
> In the XWiki command window, I found theses lines :
[....]
> Caused by: java.lang.LinkageError: JAXB 2.0 API is being loaded from the
> bootstrap classloader, but this RI (from
> jar:file:/C:/tools/XWikiEnterprise5.2/webapps/xwiki/WEB-INF/lib/jaxb-impl-2.1.12.jar!/com/sun/xml/bind/v2/model/impl/ModelBuil
> der.class) needs 2.1 API. Use the endorsed directory mechanism to place
> jaxb-api
> .jar in the bootstrap classloader. (See
> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guid
> e/standards/)

Any chance the installer ran with a java 1.5 by accident?

> I suppose it's caused by my old java 1.6 version, but it's supported (
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Installation#HPrerequisites
> ).
> Could someone confirm that I'm right ? Thank you.

The alternative is that you are using a quite old 1.6; I think only since
1.6u04 java comes with JAXB 2.1 instead of 2.0

This might be an inconsistency that might have slipped in because most people
who test with java 1.6 use the latest updates.

Clemens