XWikiServerXwiki never been lost, it's never been there in XE by
default, only on XEM. We improved a bit the default behavior to
fallback on main wiki when the target wiki can not be found to not
require XWikiServerXwiki too much with default setting.

When you enable failOnWikiDoesNotExist you enforce the failing when
the URL cannot match any wiki so then yes you require a proper
descriptor for main wiki.

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 4:09 AM, Dmitry Bakbardin <haru_mamb...@mail.ru> wrote:
>  Hi, All, again!
>
> The problem with Main Wiki descriptor has very interesting behaviour.
>
> #xwiki.virtual.failOnWikiDoesNotExist=1
>
> in xwiki.cfg gives following:
> - XWiki runs with IP based URL fine
> - XWiki gives "wiki does not exist" on domain based URL
>
> I decided to "hack" XWiki and created page Wiki.XWikiServerXwiki + added
> object of XWiki.XWikiServerClass to it. On the moment I added alias and saved
> the page, Main Wiki started to run on domain based URLs correctly.
>
> Is it a bug, that Wiki.XWikiServerXwiki got lost somewhere or I'm doing
> anything wrong?
>

> Пятница,  8 ноября 2013, 2:50 +04:00 от Dmitry Bakbardin
> <haru_mamb...@mail.ru>:
>>Hi, All!
>>
>>Once upon a time it was a Wiki Manager. And it was a lis of ALL wikis in it.
>>There was also "xwiki" wiki, where into the page XWiki.XWikiServerXwiki one
>>could change a lot of useful staff for the main wiki.
>>
>>In the "old school wiki" I could set up aliases for main wiki, in the 5.2
>>there is no "xwiki" wiki in the list. Does anyone know how to get and change
>>this information?
>>
>>Kind regards,
>>
>>Dmitry
>
> Kind regards,