I am on XWiki 5.2.

I would like to create multiple wikis so I'm trying to figure out the best
way to structure them and manage them.

I am going to leave Home as basic wiki that will be a starting point for
all users and it will allow them to navigate to the other wikis.

I want to create a wiki per department at work.  I would be the main person
managing them all.

I want to customize the wiki template but I don't see anywhere to do that.
 I want to make sure that all new wikis will have the same branding, some
core macros, and extensions..

I am also confused about how to manage extensions across the different
wikis?  Do I need to go into each one and install the same extensions or is
there a central place to do that?

We've been using the wiki in a single department so far but now that we are
going to create multiple wikis I'd like to move the existing content to a
new wiki (so that Home is very pure and used only for navigating to other
wikis).  I figured I could export the current content and import to the new
wiki but when I did this the applications were not installed so there's
missing macros and APIs.