Hi Patrick,

On 30 Nov 2013 at 05:41:20, Patrick Masson (mas...@opensource.org) wrote:

Thanks Vincent.

I've created a FAQ for this and added the instructions from the thread:
http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/FAQ/How+do+I+add+a+favicon+for+my+wiki%3F
Thanks, I’ve edited it to beautify it a bit ;)

However, I am not sure the instructions provide the detail needed to
walk me through the process...

/First, go to the presentation section of the administration page.
/

1. Logged in as an administrator, I go to the "WIKI: xwiki" menu and
down to "Administer Wiki."
so far so good...

2. I then go to "Presentation" under the "Look and Feel" tab on the
left hand navigation
(http://[mywikidomain].xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/admin/XWiki/XWikiPreferences?editor=globaladmin&section=Presentation)
You should go to the “Page Elements” section (in the past this was under the
Presentation section but it’s been moved to “Page Elements”, which is located
just under the “Presentation” section).

Hope it helps,

-Vincent

/Add the following lines in the HTTP Meta Information :/

/<link rel="icon" href="$xwiki.getSkinFile("favicon.ico")"//
//type="image/x-icon"/> <link rel="shortcut icon"//
//href="$xwiki.getSkinFile("favicon.ico")" type="image/x-icon"/>/

1. I cannot find the HTTP Meta Information on the presentation section
of the administration page.
2. The only fields available are:
1. Skin Customize = XWiki.DefaultSkin
2. Stylesheet = style.css
3. Stylesheets = style.css

/Then, visit the XWiki.DefaultSkin page and attach a favicon.ico file./

1. I have been able to upload my favicon to the XWiki.DefaultSkin page
(http://[mywikidomain].xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/view/XWiki/DefaultSkin)
by going to "ADD" in the menu bar and clicking "Attachment to page."
The icon is viewable at
http://[mywikidomain].xwiki.com/xwiki/bin/download/XWiki/DefaultSkin/favicon.png

/Finally, the most important, refresh your browser cache. /

Thanks,
Patrick

On 11/29/2013 05:52 PM, vinc...@massol.net wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> On 29 Nov 2013 at 21:04:57, pmasson (mas...@opensource.org
> <mailto://mas...@opensource.org>) wrote:
>
>> Is this still the best approach?
>
> I think so.
>
> Would be great to add a FAQ entry at
> http://www.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/FAQ/ for this as a first step.
>
> Then I think it would be nice to make this easier to do… Would be nice
> if someone could open a jira issue for this on http://jira.xwiki.org
>
> Thanks
>
> -Vincent
>

>> Thanks,
>> Patrick
>>

>> --

|| | | |||| || || | |||| ||| | |||
Patrick Masson
General Manager, Director & Secretary to the Board
Open Source Initiative
855 El Camino Real, Ste 13A, #270
Palo Alto, CA 94301
United States