Every Application is running on it's own Tomcat.

With Google Chromes Developer Tool I can see  that the cookie drops
Username, Password, Validation and rememberme when I click a link.

I just want the user to stay logged in as long as he wants.

I do have the sneaky suspicion that the latter option you provide hits the
nail on the head:
When using Wireshark to trace the problem, I can clearly see the handshake
happening with Nexus from one IP to another. With Xwiki I can't find an
equivalent, it doesn't even show IPs anymore, but lots of gibberish I don't
understand and Broadcasts.

Normally all Clients use fixed IPs on our network, so I don't know why this
would happen.

I will try to set the keys.

Thank you for your input,
Jack