Hi,

To stop and start XWiki, you should find 2 scripts (one called
'stop_xwiki.sh' on Unix, 'stop_xwiki.bat' on Windows).  Execute it.
Edit the 'xwiki.cfg' file (you probably want to edit the line with
'xwiki.stats.default=0' to switch it to the value 1).  Then restart
XWiki (with 'start_xwiki.sh' on Unix, 'start_xwiki.bat' on Windows).

The scripts are available if you installed the generic installer (with
Jetty embedded) called
'xwiki-enterprise-installer-generic-5.4.1-standard.jar' (depending on
the version you downloaded)

If you run XWiki on something else (like Apache Tomcat), you just need
to restart stop, edit then start Tomcat.

Hope this help.
--
Jean