On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 10:55 AM, Hamster <teun...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are trying to upgrade our XWiki from 4.0 to 5.4.1, but we encouter some
> problems:
>
> 1) The Activity Stream is not working any longer. It just says "There are no
> activities in the stream". No errors as far as I can see, but creating a new
> page (or updating a page) does not show anything in the Activity Stream.
>

> 2) We used to use the  Navigation Menu Wiki Macro
> <http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Navigation+Menu+Wiki+Macro>
> together with the  Navigation Menu Config Application
> <http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/NavigationMenuConfig>
> in our XWiki 4.0 Now with 5.4.1, we want to use the  Menu Application
> <http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Menu+Application>  ,
> but the Menu Application is not showing the "Menu Structure" (that section
> is empty, even though I have pasted our old menu). The "Inline-form" is also
> showing nothing, but the WYSIWYG and the Wiki editor DOES show the menu.

The new Menu Application is not compatible with the old Navigation
Menu Wiki Macro. So if you want to use it you need to uninstall the
Navigation Menu Wiki Macro and the Navigation Menu Config Application
and rewrite your existing menus using the new Menu Application (which
shouldn't be hard as the same macro name is used and the same format
for the menu definition).

As always, clearing the browser cache after an upgrade is recommended.

Hope this helps,
Marius