Hello,

trying to install UI upgrade using distribution wizard I get a message
for "XWiki
Enterprise - UI - Common 5.4.4":
Programming right is required to install extension
[org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform-search-solr-api-5.4.4] on namespace
[wiki:rosmi]
        class org.xwiki.extension.InstallException: Failed to resolve
extension at
org.xwiki.extension.job.internal.AbstractInstallPlanJob.installExtension(AbstractInstallPlanJob.java:698)

Entire text from UI attached to this email.

I guess the limitation of a xwiki farm was that I will not have any
programming rights. Can I just skip this upgrade? Or wait for a fix?

Many thanks,
Roman

:

> The upgrade ended successfully.
>
> If you're an admin of your wiki, you'll see the Distribution Wizard when
> you log in. Don't skip this step and do your wiki's upgrade properly, it's
> important.
>
> If you have any question regarding the pages upgrade, feel free to ask
> here.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Guillaume Fenollar

> guillaume.fenol...@xwiki.com>
> :
>
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'll perform an XWiki upgrade of myxwiki.org farm from 5.2 to 5.4.4, to
> > prevent it from crashing again.
> > It'll start today at 12:30 CEST (GMT+2) and shouldn't take more than two
> > hours.
> >
> > Thank you for your understanding.
> >
> > Guillaume

XWiki Logo
Step 1 - User Interface

    1 User Interface
    2 Extensions

The user interface is a set of wiki pages that provide high level features on
top of the XWiki runtime. These wiki pages are grouped by features into
applications such as blog, activity stream, dashboard. Applications are
packaged as extensions installable with the Extension Manager.

Distribution

The following distribution has been detected:
XWiki Enterprise - Web 5.4.4

Provided

by: XWiki Development Team
The XWiki Enterprise base package. It contains the full XWiki Enterprise
runtime except for wiki pages. If you wish to have the default wiki pages,
which contain both content pages and some default applications you also need to
install the "XWiki Enterprise - UI" package. Alternatively you can start with
an empty wiki without any page and thus no application pre-installed.

User Interface

The following user interface is recommended for your distribution:
The installation process requires internet access and it might take a few
minutes to complete depending on the internet bandwidth and the load of the
remote extension repository. Thank you for your patience.
XWiki Enterprise - UI - Wiki 5.4.4

by: XWiki Development Team
Default set of wiki pages containing both content and default applications for
XWiki Enterprise (sub)wiki.

    Description
    Dependencies
    Progress

Install plan log

        Starting job of type [installplan] with identifier
[extension/plan/org.xwiki.enterprise:xwiki-enterprise-ui-wiki/wiki:rosmi]
        Resolving extension [XWiki Enterprise - UI - Wiki 5.4.4] on namespace
[Rosmi]
        Resolving extension dependency [XWiki Enterprise - UI - Common 5.4.4]
on namespace [Rosmi]
        Resolving extension dependency [Administration Application 5.4.4] on
namespace [Rosmi]
        Resolving extension dependency [XWiki Platform - Livetable - UI 5.4.4]
on namespace [Rosmi]
        Resolving extension dependency [Index Application 5.4.4] on namespace
[Rosmi]
        Resolving extension dependency [XWiki Platform - Panels - UI 5.4.4] on
namespace [Rosmi]
        Resolving extension dependency [XWiki Platform - Scheduler - UI 5.4.4]
on namespace [Rosmi]
        Resolving extension dependency [Watchlist Application 5.4.4] on
namespace [Rosmi]
        Resolving extension dependency [XWiki Platform - Statistics - UI 5.4.4]
on namespace [Rosmi]
        Resolving extension dependency [Lucene Search Application 5.4.4] on
namespace [Rosmi]
        Resolving extension dependency [Solr Search Application 5.4.4] on
namespace [Rosmi]
        Resolving extension dependency [Search Application 5.4.4] on namespace
[Rosmi]
        Resolving extension dependency
[org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform-search-solr-api-5.4.4] on namespace [Rosmi]
        Programming right is required to install extension
[org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform-search-solr-api-5.4.4] on namespace
[wiki:rosmi]
        class org.xwiki.extension.InstallException: Failed to resolve extension
at
org.xwiki.extension.job.internal.AbstractInstallPlanJob.installExtension(AbstractInstallPlanJob.java:698)
 at
org.xwiki.extension.job.internal.AbstractInstallPlanJob.installExtension(AbstractInstallPlanJob.java:389)
 at
org.xwiki.extension.job.internal.AbstractInstallPlanJob.installExtension(AbstractInstallPlanJob.java:288)
 at
org.xwiki.extension.job.internal.AbstractInstallPlanJob.start(AbstractInstallPlanJob.java:218)
 at
org.xwiki.extension.job.internal.InstallPlanJob.runInternal(InstallPlanJob.java:88)
 at org.xwiki.job.internal.AbstractJob.run(AbstractJob.java:154) at
org.xwiki.job.internal.DefaultJobManager.runJob(DefaultJobManager.java:134) at
org.xwiki.job.internal.DefaultJobManager.run(DefaultJobManager.java:113) at
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724) Caused by: class
org.xwiki.extension.InstallException: Failed to resolve extension dependency at
org.xwiki.extension.job.internal.AbstractInstallPlanJob.installExtension(AbstractInstallPlanJob.java:618)
 at
org.xwiki.extension.job.internal.AbstractInstallPlanJob.installExtensionDependency(AbstractInstallPlanJob.java:586)
 at
org.xwiki.extension.job.internal.AbstractInstallPlanJob.installExtension(AbstractInstallPlanJob.java:812)
 at
org.xwiki.extension.job.internal.AbstractInstallPlanJob.installExtension(AbstractInstallPlanJob.java:696)
[...]
org.xwiki.extension.job.internal.AbstractInstallPlanJob.installExtension(AbstractInstallPlanJob.java:616)
[...]
org.xwiki.extension.InstallException: Programming right is required to install
extension [org.xwiki.platform:xwiki-platform-search-solr-api-5.4.4] on
namespace [wiki:rosmi] at
org.xwiki.extension.script.internal.XWikiExtensionValidator.checkInstall(XWikiExtensionValidator.java:175)
 at
org.xwiki.extension.handler.internal.AbstractExtensionHandler.checkInstall(AbstractExtensionHandler.java:101)
 at
org.xwiki.extension.job.internal.AbstractInstallPlanJob.installExtension(AbstractInstallPlanJob.java:800)
[...]
        Finished job of type [installplan] with identifier
[extension/plan/org.xwiki.enterprise:xwiki-enterprise-ui-wiki/wiki:rosmi]