Hi Ram,

On 5 Jun 2014 at 08:40:51, Megrem Lingroar
(gremlinshe...@gmail.com(mailto:gremlinshe...@gmail.com)) wrote:

> Is there a way to add extra fields to uploaded attachements ? Essentially,
> a description field

Short answer is no.

Longer answer:

Ït seems Attachments can have a “comment” from what I see in the source code.

All that’s missing is a UI to set it and that’s modifiable by editing the
proper *.vm files from your templates/ or skin directories.

It’s actually something that we could expose since we support it at the storage
level.

> Also, can this description be searchable (search results),

It could be added to the SOLR index I guess (if it’s not already). Marius?

> and would it
> show in the file manager extension ?

I have no idea, I don’t know how this extension works.