Hello,

You could check this page about database lists [1].

The steps could be:
- create a specific class, for objects that will hold possible values for
your list (manually, or with app within minutes). You don't much care about
the livetable, you mainly need a form for users to create new values. You
can either define only one field in this Class (the values to show in the
list), or 2 fields (one for the key, one for the value). Remember the name
of the class and fields created.
- in the Database List field you want to populate, apply [1], and enter the
name of the class you created above, and the field(s) defining the values
(and the keys if needed).

The Hibernate Query field is here if you want to do more advanced
selections of the keys/values.
You can even define a "tree" structure for the values to show in the list,
but that's another topic ! ;-)

Note that if you don't need strict validation of user inputs, and to
propose a predefined list of values, you could also just use the "suggest"
feature in your field (and make it a simple string field instead of db
list).

Hope this helps,
Jeremie

[1] -