Hi,

We did some usability testing sessions and found out that one of the
biggest problems users are facing is that they don't understand the Home -
Wiki - Space - Page concepts.
Because of this confusion:
- they are creating a wiki instead of a space or a page,
- they don't know where they are located when looking at a page (in the
main wiki or in a subwiki),
- they don't know how to navigate to the pages they've created,
- very confused that we have a Main space in every wiki,
- they are having a hard time making a difference between a space and an
application,
- hard to understand everything is a page,
- etc.

We could do many things in order to improve our navigation, but one thing I
want us to focus in this mail thread is the explanation of Wiki - Space -
Page concepts on the Main.WebHome.

Currently the content of the Welcome Block is:

= Welcome to your wiki =

> It's an easy-to-edit website that will help you work better together. This
> Wiki is made of //pages// sorted by //spaces//. You're currently in the
> **Main** space, looking at its home page (**WebHome**).
>
> Learn how to use XWiki with the [[Getting Started Guide]]

> You can then use the [[Sandbox space]] to try out your wiki's features.

I would like to replace this message with an introductory text that explain
the concepts (there were also some ideas that maybe we need some images to
represent the hierarchy, etc.) and I need your opinion on this subject.

So, how would you pitch the Wiki - Space - Page concepts to newcomers?

Thanks,
Caty