On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 10:07 AM, Pascal BASTIEN
<pbasnews-xw...@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to migrate my Xwiki in data center, on a Tomcat 7.0.47server with 10Go
> RAM.
> I use postgreSQL server but filesystem based attachment store.
>
> I read with attention
> http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Performances page.
>
> This is still adapted on 6.2 version?
> Have you some more tips to increase XWiki's 6.2 performance?

Everything should be there.

> You indicate "Try not to ge beyond 1024MB since adding more memory means more
> GC time and thus lower performance."

Not sure this one is really accurate that important or even accurate.
We have more on myxwiki.org and xwiki.org for example.

> With 6.x I needed to use this parameter (without it, Xwiki crash):
> JAVA_OPTS="-server -Xms1724m -Xmx1724m -XX:PermSize=256M -XX:MaxPermSize=512m
> -Dfile.encoding=utf-8 -Djava.awt.headless=true -XX:+UseParallelGC
> -XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=100 -Dhttp.proxyHost=xxxxx -Dhttp.proxyPort=xxxx"

1724 is far from a standard requirement, maybe your document cache is
too big or there is another issue (I'm currently investigating
something that looks like some weird memory leak in SOLR/Lucene in
6.2). You should probably take a heap dump and look at it with
something like visualvm or yourkit.

> Do you have a filtered table containing admins system config and perf?
> Something, like:
> PowerEdge 2950 | 16Go RAM | Wheezy | Tomcat 7.0.47 |  JAVA_OPTS="-server -Xms
> |  ... | Perf: good

No but its a good idea, you could start a new section at the end of
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/AdminGuide/Performances.

> Of course, perhaps it is a security hole to display too much, but tomcat conf
> is a minimum?
> WDYT?
>

> Thxs
>
> Pascal B