Hi Marius,

We need trees:
* for global vision/management: (AllDocs) doing crud operations on pages in
particular (but would be nice also to rename/move/delete spaces/wikis? )
* for navigation: in a panel that should list parent/child relation or
space/page relation for the current page/space.
* for selection: especially when doing import or multi-page exports
* for development: as you said a  full XWiki Entity Tree would be nice for
applications like AWM, but we would need also partial Entity Trees for
Class or Objects Editor (displaying objects and properties)
* for classification: any category/sub-category or folder/page type of
classification would need a tree (Blog Categories, File Manager, etc. ...
tags, photo albums, etc.) when the structure is user/defined based on a
parent/child relation

Things to consider:
* multiple views: wiki/space/page vs. parent/child
* multiple parent: simple parent vs. multiple parent classification (maybe
in case of tags, photo albums)

Wishes:
* Normal:
** I would like that we could use a consistent tree across XWiki
functionality.
** I wish we could have operations on tree entries (by drag&drop or just
from actions).
* Ideas:
** I wish users could define their own tree structures (not necessarily
having XWiki's two dimensions [parent/child and location] but maybe
defining a custom structure: example, I'm writing a book and I want to
organize the pages in chapters. Maybe I have some pages that I don't know
exactly in what chapter to put [orphan/hanging] or that could go in
multiple chapters )
** Change the display of a tree from vertical to horizontal (like a graph)
(could work for the book example)

Lacking:
* Normal:
** Navigation panel (when visualizing a space or even a wiki we could
display a contextual {{spaces/}} gadget in a panel that could be expanded)
** Documentation panel (of related pages displaying the parent/child
relationship)
** Multi-page export with entity selection
** Groups/Users
* Ideas:
** Dependencies Tree for applications installed with EM
** Roles/Rights vs. Inherited/Global/Locally set Rights Tree (kind of crazy
I know :) )
** Major / Minor versions history

Not sure exactly what you expected people to answer :) I tried to think of
all kinds of usages (not all are needed or realistic). Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Caty