Hi,

Objects only store the selected value when the value is set, not the
value's label. The class is in charge of storing the list of possible
values and their labels.

The field displayer displays the currently stored value inside the object
using the current list of available value labels from the class. If the
currently stored value in an object is no longer in the list of values of
the class, the raw value is displayed instead of a value label.

Changes on the class impact the display of all the objects of that class.
Yo can safely change a value's label in the class and all objects will
display that value with the new label, but if you remove the value from a
class, objects will no longer *know* how to display your (now) unknown
value.

Hope that clarifies things.

Thanks,
Eduard