From: users [mailto:users-boun...@xwiki.org] On Behalf Of Marius Dumitru
Florea
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2014 9:59 PM
To: XWiki Users
Subject: Re: [xwiki-users] velocity page search

When I need to search for a wiki page I usually have to choose between:

(1) Database search using the Query Manager. There are plenty of examples
here http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Query+Module

(2) Full text search using Solr
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Solr+Search+Query+API

Hope this helps,
Marius
On Oct 17, 2014 1:41 AM, "Jason Clemons" <jason.clem...@live.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have some "brute force" velocity code that basically iterates all my
spaces looking for a page, then checks if the page is "new" or not. if the
page is "new" I know that the page doesn't exist in that space and so I go
to the next space and repeat until I find a page that is NOT new.   Once I
have the page I then do some stuff with it.  This works ok in my small
environment, but makes me cringe when I think about scalability.

> Does anyone know a way in Velocity to return a URL from a search of all
pages in all spaces in my wiki quickly?  I'd sure like to be able to say
$search.pages(page-to-search) or something like that..