Dear community,

I tried to migrate a test xwiki instance to 6.x on my red-hat linux server,
and encountered a (fatal) issue: as it requires java 7, in turn, it
requires RHEL >= 5.5 (and I'm on an old RHEL 4.6) due to glibc (thank you,
java...).
Upgrading red-hat on this server is not an option for now, even if it's way
too old I agree, so I hope I'll be able to do this upgrade one day ... :/

But my point is, do you think interesting to add this information in
installation guide somewhere ? [1]
Maybe there's a better place, or maybe it's not needed at all I don't
know... There's already info about java 7 obviously, I'm talking about
specific impact for red-hat.

WDYT ?

Best regards,
Jeremie