Hi Edy,

thanks for your message. From a forward-looking standpoint, I 100% agree
with you that switching XWiki to case-insensitive would be a good thing to
do. I've seen others (as well as myself) be lost because they were going to
.../xwiki/bin/view/Main/Xyy instead of .../xwiki/bin/view/Main/XYY and
vice-versa. If we were to make the decision today, I can't see a good
reason why not to go case-insensitive, especially when targeting business
users.

However we're not starting from a blank slate. There might be (I don't know
that there is, but there might be) legitimate use cases for a page named
"Xyy" vs a page named "XYY", both in the same wiki. I'd like to have a
better idea of the consequences of this change, as well an analysis of a
public site such as xwiki.org to see whether this could be causing
unforeseen and other unexpected issues. In other words: what could go wrong?

Thanks,

Guillaume
ᐧ