Hello,

Can anyone point me in the right direction?  I'm trying to query and external
Microsoft SQL database from a wiki page.  My current wiki runs on MSSQL just
fine using sqljdbc4.jar configured with hibernate.  The DB I want to query is
actually on the same server, I can actually make it appear in the same DB if
that makes things easier.

I've looked at SQL Tools extension -->
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/SQL+Tools  and I can get
that to work just fine even querying the other database, but I don't know how
to make the results of a query from that tool appear in a separate page I've
created for use in Velocity for example.

I've tried to get the example on the "Execute SQL" page here -->
http://extensions.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Extension/Execute+SQL to work but I
get a Groovy error on the second snippet and nothing at all appears on the page
using the first snippet (but no error).

I've also looked at this plugin -->
http://xwikisql.gradsoft.ua/docs/XWikiSqlPluginGuide.html  but it hasn't been
updated since 2008, so I'm not really sure that's a good idea from a
sustainability perspective in a production environment.

Ultimately, I will have a flat table in some database, really any database
(e.g..it can be the XWIKI DB)..and I need to be able to get the rows and
columns from the table and expose them as an HTML table in my wiki page.  Once
I figure out how to get the data making it into a table is easy enough, but I
can't even figure out how to get an object or array with the data in it to
iterate.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jason