I like it too.

What I would 'improve' is: when the dropdown is .open, have the
background-color also on entity name, not just the arrow.
This would mean removing 'background-color: transparent' from
'.navbar-nav>.dropdown-split.open>.dropdown-split-left'.

This way, you can clearly see the separation of link/action in normal mode,
but see the affiliation of the menu when open (also this is visible since
the menu starts under the entity name, not the arrow).

This is just a remark I have, but I'm waiting for more feedback from
others.

Thanks,
Caty