From: Vincent Massol [vmas...@gmail.com] on behalf of vinc...@massol.net
[vinc...@massol.net]
Sent: 17 January 2015 21:23
To: XWiki Users
Cc: Bryn Jeffries
Subject: Re: [xwiki-users] Generating pure JSON

Hi Bryn,

On 17 Jan 2015 at 09:43:30, Bryn Jeffries
(bryn.jeffr...@sydney.edu.au(mailto:bryn.jeffr...@sydney.edu.au)) wrote:

> I'd like to be able to generate pure JSON from a wiki page, to use in other
> pages via AJAX. To that end I created a page with the following content:
> {{velocity wiki="false"}}
> $response.setContentType('application/json')
> {
> "greeting" : "Hello",
> "location": "World"
> }
> {{/velocity}}
>
> Calling this via /xwiki/bin/get/Sandbox/JsonTest I get the following code:

{
"greeting" : "Hello",
"location": "World"
}

> I get the same via /xwiki/bin/view/AlertDB/JsonTest?xpage=plain.
>
> If I remove the $response.setContentType('application/json')
> https://dev.alertnessdb.net/xwiki/bin/view/AlertDB/JsonTest?xpage=plain

Inded, I would have imagine also that xpage=plain would have worked but it
doesn’t. You have to use outputsyntax.

For example:
http://playground.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/get/Main/VMA?outputSyntax=plain

Note: You can go on a page with a livetable and check with Chrome dev tools or
Firebug the requests done and you’ll see it uses that.