Hi,

If escaping the HTML is good for your usecase (which usually is, instead of
stripping), you have multiple options:
* apache commons StringEscapeUtils [1] - directly use the static methods
* velocity's EscapeTool (XWiki's extended version actually [2]) -
instantiate and use
* your favourite string escaping library

Thanks,
Eduard

[1]
https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-lang/javadocs/api-3.1/org/apache/commons/lang3/StringEscapeUtils.html