Hi Alexander,

 I just have been able to reproduce the issue with the jetty-hsql package of
XWiki 6.4.1
after a few modifications -  it looks like a bug still running around in the
wild.

What you can do about it is:

 - create a bug report in http://jira.xwiki.org/

 - if you want to debug it, (
http://dev.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Community/Debugging )
   pointers in the code are:

   the scheduler (which triggers the watchlist mails) constructs a
"dummy-request" at startup to be able to figure out the right url in background
threads:

https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-scheduler/xwiki-platform-scheduler-api/src/main/java/com/xpn/xwiki/plugin/scheduler/SchedulerPlugin.java#L226

   the watchlist notifier then passes through the dummy request (contained on
context.getRequest()) to the mails sender module

https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-watchlist/xwiki-platform-watchlist-api/src/main/java/com/xpn/xwiki/plugin/watchlist/WatchListNotifier.java#L82

   the mail sender module uses an "ExternalURLFactory" to make sure the urls in
the mail are absolute:

https://github.com/xwiki/xwiki-platform/blob/master/xwiki-platform-core/xwiki-platform-mailsender/src/main/java/com/xpn/xwiki/plugin/mailsender/MailSenderPlugin.java#L803

   Somewhere along these lines the problem lurks.

   In my installation I checked that the "Send Page by mail" feature does not
have the problem, so I think it is not in the mails sender module, but earlier
- just a guess

 - unless the bug is fixed, add a rewrite rule to the nginx
   redirecting urls starting with /bin/bin/...  to /bin/...
   which should work around the problem.

Cheers,
Clemens