Hi,

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 10:59 AM, Xavier Beaudouin <
xavier.beaudo...@hsoftware.com> wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> I am maybe asking a stupid question, but I am the administrator of an old
> xwiki that have to be updated.
> My current users has done lots of documentation on this xWiki, and we
> would like to find a way to explode some parts of our xwiki without using
> too mutch the rights systems.
>
> The fact :
> - We are a software development company and we put allmost everything on
> the xwiki
> - Some of our customers has right to see "customer's" pages uppon rights
> they currently have
> - I (maybe I am not really up to date with xwiki) cannot figure what pages
> can be accesseed by each users (if someone can tell me how to find that I
> will be pleased to pay him/her a pint of Guinness).

If you really want to, I guess you could iterate over all the documents in
your wiki and call the $xwiki.hasAccessLevel('view',
$someUserThatYouAreInterestedIn, $someDocument) and get the list of
documents a user has rights on.

> - We are on xwiki 2.1.1 and all trys to upgrade to 6.x have fail on
> randoms parts (mostly rights that has been exploded,  eg. everybody can see
> anything), or some pages being broken (people that hack too mutch groovy,
> they should not).

A lot has changed from 2.1.1. You need to carefully read release notes and
fix deprecated calls in your pages' scripts, etc. It's not really a
straight-forward process, but the Distribution Wizard is supposed to help
you along the way.

> So to avoid issues with rights, we have an idea to split our xwiki into 2
> servers :
> - one for internal, if this too mutch rights this is not an issue
> - one for external users (customers !), with only the pages that should be
> online for users, with reset of user's list and clean rights management.

If you really want this setup, you could use the multiwiki feature and have
your main wiki for internal usage, with access to programming rights and
everything, and create a subwiki for clients.

> Now I want to find a way to automaticaly sync some spaces between our
> master xwiki and some slave xwiki... Any good pointers?

I can't really recommend any extension that I know of (there may be), but I
think you could easily achieve this with a scheduler job that would
periodically synchronize your spaces. You would be the one defining that
this synchronization is (override from master to slave, the other way
around, merge, etc.), inside the job's code.

Hope this helps,
Eduard