On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 10:48 AM, vinc...@massol.net <vinc...@massol.net> wrote:
> Hi,
> On 4 Jun 2015 at 09:44:12, robert (roberts.vart...@gmail.com) wrote:
>
> It seems that my question was not sent to mailing list ....
>

> Could you restate your question (we don’t see it here)?

He posted the question on nabble

"Hello!
I installed xwiki and I see that there is a wiki called "Main" and it
contains four spaces: "Blog", "Main", "Sandbox" and "XWiki".
My question is - do I have to use "Main" wiki? Or it is better to
create another wiki and hide "Main" wiki from users. By hiding I mean
restrict access.
Thanks!"

First of all, there are more spaces in the "Main" wiki, but they are
hidden. See the "Show hidden documents" option from your user profile.
Then, you don't *have to* use the "Main" wiki but there's no reason
not to use it. The main wiki is usually used as a portal, landing
point, from where you can navigate to subwikis. As for whether you
need subwikis or not, it depends on how you structure your data /
information. You have 3 leves: wikis (like a file system partition /
drive), spaces (like a file system folder, but nested spaces are not
yet supported), documents. You needs to decide how to organize / group
your data on these levels.

Hope this helps,
Marius