On Thu, Jun 11, 2015 at 1:02 PM, Enste, Patrick <patrick.en...@atos.net> wrote:
> Hey everybody,
>
> I found some information on clustering for Xwiki where I have to set the
> observation.remote.enabled to true.

> Per my understanding the cache would be synchronized between every instance
> (via Jgroups).

Not exactly, it's not so much about synchronizing cache. As the
property suggest what happen is that some events like modified
documents go trough the cluster using JGroups and they are injected in
the local event manager of other members to let all listeners know a
document has been modified and do whatever they want about it
(invalidate some entry from a cache because it depend on the modified
document, update some local solr/lucene index, etc.).

> Now we want to use the following architecture:
>
> We have 2 datacenters. In each datacenter are 2 servers with a Xwiki instance
> running (so 4 instances in 2 datacenters). As database we want to use Oracle
> RAC.
>
> Is it possible to run these 4 instances on the Oracle RAC? Is it possible to
> invalidate the cache of another instance if one instance has some write
> action or something (so it generates a new cache on its own)?

I don't really know Oracle RAC but if what you mean is that you have
two groups of instance and each group have a different database as lon
have you have some mecanisme that make sure those database are
synchronized it should be ok too. You put everyone in the same cluster
and documents related caches will be invalidated everywhere when you
modifiy a document for example.

> We would have 1 loadbalancer to manage the load between the two datacenters
> and 1 loadbalancer in every datacenter to manage the load between the 2
> instances. Every instance should show the same content...
>

> Kind regards,
> Patrick

Thomas Mortagne