Hello everyone,

I am running into issues with getting any information from my instance of
Xwiki using the rest API. I'm curling to the site as per this
documentation:
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/XWikiRESTfulAPI#HXWikiRESTfulAPIDocumentation

Our instance of XWiki responds with a 200 for GET and POST calls (I'm aware
of the known issue with PUT) but doesn't actually give us relevant
information. The returned data is html for a page with the message:

your request. Please contact the webmaster if this happens a
gain.</p>

I have four questions concerning this situation:

   1. Is the documentation up to date? have there been changes with the
   REST api in XWiki 7 that aren't reflected there?
   2. Are there config settings that need to be set before being able to
   use the REST api?
   3. Should I be concerned  that I am getting a simple html instead of the
   XML the documentation suggests?
   4. This is probably the most crucial question: How can I best debug such
   an issue? all our logs are set to debug, yet I am not seeing any error
   message related to this.

Thanks in advance,

Mehdi