On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 1:01 PM, Pascal BASTIEN <pbasnews-xw...@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> First thxs both  but it is not what I want try to do.
>
> I want to keep default button "Save, save and contine and Cancel" like usual.
> With velocity I added a button  to update my class object on my page and
> redirect to another one. My button working well in view mode but I want to
> use it in edit mode, then I must save my page before my class object update
> and redirection if not all page modifications will be lost.
>
> My main problem if I rewrite my code in JS is that I can not update my class
> object field attached on my page.
>
> (It's a shame it doesn't exist an $xwiki.LaunchSaveCurrentPage)
>
> Can I launch "save page" with javascript? My idea: i launch save my page in
> JS from edit mode to view mode with param (do redirect on another page). With
> this way I can keep my nice existant velocity code.
> Do you know how if I can launch "save page" in JS then?

> I see that a submit in JS go to preview mode, maybe I must modify the action
> target of #inline before submit?

The submit button name (e.g. name="action_save") is not included by
default when you submit the form using JavaScript (because the form
may have multiple submit buttons, like in your case, and the
JavaScript code wouldn't know what button to indicate in the submit
form unless you explicitly indicate it). You need to add the button
name to the submit parameters when you make the AJAX save request.

Hope this helps,
Marius