I finally got a chance to work on this today. I switched back to XWiki 7.2 and
I got the Distribution Wizard interface telling me that the 7.1.2 UI is invalid
and to upgrade (again). Is that supposed to happen? I never did anything to
"downgrade" the UI.

This time, I noticed that I get these errors:

Failed to register the wiki component located in the document [Home »
AppWithinMinutes » ApplicationsPanelEntry]: WikiComponentException: Registering
UI extensions at wiki level requires wiki administration rights
Failed to register the wiki component located in the document [Home » Stats »
ApplicationsPanelEntry]: WikiComponentException: Registering UI extensions at
wiki level requires wiki administration rights
Failed to register the wiki component located in the document [Home » Scheduler
» ApplicationsPanelEntry]: WikiComponentException: Registering UI extensions at
wiki level requires wiki administration rights
Failed to register the wiki component located in the document [Home » XWiki »
UserDirectoryApplicationsPanelEntry]: WikiComponentException: Registering UI
extensions at wiki level requires wiki administration rights
Failed to register the wiki component located in the document [Home » Blog »
ApplicationsPanelEntry]: WikiComponentException: Registering UI extensions at
wiki level requires wiki administration rights
Failed to register the wiki component located in the document [Home » Panels »
ApplicationsPanelEntry]: WikiComponentException: Registering UI extensions at
wiki level requires wiki administration rights

I am an administrator - maybe this is the problem?

Keith Davis (214) 906-5183