Thanks! Please, read below!

On Fri, Dec 11, 2015 at 12:26 PM Paul Libbrecht <p...@hoplahup.net> wrote:

> Can you try:
>
> ProxyPass / http://localhost:8080/atriumkm/
>
> ?

It avoid the loop, but it fails to generate correct URLs: it generates URLs
that work fine if accessed directly using Tomcat, but Apache Web Server
fails. For example, accessing http://isabel.idisantiago.es, the URL
generated...

http://isabel.idisantiago.es/atriumkm/bin/Main/HomeMV2

failed to serve the page correctly served when accessing Tomcat at 8080...

http://isabel.idisantiago.es:8080/atriumkm/bin/Main/HomeMV2

It's the tomcat doing the redirect right now (use firebug, go to net,
> activate persist, then show the headers: Apache-Coyote/1.1) so maybe
> that helps things.
>
> You might want to keep
> ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8080/atriumkm/
> (this cares for redirects emitted by tomcat)
>
> But I am still fearing you'll get some bad links

It seems to me that this option only works for the main page: in fact, in
our installation, it includes a redirection...

*****
{{velocity}}
$response.sendRedirect($xwiki.getURL('Main.HomeMV2'))
{{/velocity}}
*****
The URL generated by xwiki.getURL includes the "application part" and
failed to be served.

An image from Firebug...

http://goo.gl/4D93fm

I'm afraid that I'm not able to follow all your reasoning... Why do you say
"it's the tomcat doing the redirect right now"?

I would like to rephrase my initial question. Perhaps this is clearer...

1) It is possible to remove the "application part" of an XWiki URL when the
application is not deployed at ROOT in Tomcat with Apache Web Server as
front-end?
2) If yes, does the set-up be done in the Apache Web Server side, Tomcat
side, XWiki side, or any combination of these parts?

I'm far from being able to digest the complexity of this landscape... I'm
afraid!

Any insight will be extremely welcome! Thanks!