Hi

I wonder if it is possible to use velocity data-types (Number, Date/Time, Array
or List, Object) in the parameters field of a UIExtension.

I get the impression it is always considered as string and we have to do a
conversion?

Following example (for a List of items in a Array)

cdls.try.abc has the following parameters:

label=abc

target=Sandbox.try2

icon=gerritjan.png

test=["Item1", 'item2', "item3"]

{{velocity}}

$services.uix.getExtensions("cdls.try.abc")

#foreach ($extension in $services.uix.getExtensions("cdls.try.abc"))

  $services.rendering.render($extension.execute(), 'xhtml/1.0')

  #set($paramlist=$extension.getParameters().get('test'))

#end

paramlist is String?: $paramlist.class

##Would like it to be a list of items, but now I have to use velocity string
functions to create the list...

#set($paramlistLengthMinusOne = $paramlist.length() - 1)

#set($items = $paramlist.substring(1, $paramlistLengthMinusOne).split(","))

#foreach($item in $items)

    <h1>"$item.replace('"',"")"</h1>

#end

{{/velocity}}

Gerritjan Koekkoek
Vader van Rai Koekkoek (cdls) en voorzitter vereniging CdLS
Visit our website<http://www.cdlsworld.org>
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/gerritjan.koekkoek>
email<gerrit...@cdlsworld.org>