Yes, I can switch back and forth between the different languages using the
URL method.

However, this functionality seems to be exhibiting some strange and
inconsistent behaviour. This time I created a new instance in a VM and
observed the following:

1. Logged in as Admin and set the Multilingual - Yes, Supported languages -
pt_BR,en and Default language - pt_BR
2. Saved the configuration with the result that the page was displayed in
French (I did not list fr as a supported language).
3. Tried switching between different languages (pt_BR, en and fr) and they
all were displayed as expected.

The languages shown on the side are English and French as in the attached
image. <http://xwiki.475771.n2.nabble.com/file/n7597692/35.png>

Another thing I noted is it appears that the list of supported languages
cannot contain spaces. If I put a space after the comma, there is an error
in catalina.out.

Also I don't quite understand is how to edit a page for a specific language
only. If I go to the first blog post page with language pt_BR and make some
edits, those same edits show up if I display the page with language en. I
read the Internationalization page
http://http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/I18N
<http://http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/I18N>   But I
can't see a "Document Information" panel as it describes. The last item on
the ... drop down menu gives some information about the page but does not
say anything about the language.