On 02/08/2016 10:21 AM, Bruno wrote:

> Le 05/02/2016 16:19, Clemens Klein-Robbenhaar a écrit :
>>
>> On 02/05/2016 03:35 PM, Bruno wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I work in a French engineering school.
>>> I would like to install xwiki 7.4 for my team.
>>>
>>> I encounter a problem whith accents :
>>> When I create a page whose title contains accents (or French special
>>> characters), childs documents are not displayed in the *Document Tree
>>> macro*.
>>> However, it appears in the wiki Page Index, but not in the tree.
>>>
>>> I followed unsuccessfully the documentation for administrators 'XWiki
>>> Character Encoding Settings'.
>>>
>>> Is there something I did wrong ? Is it a bug ?
>>>
>> I cannot reproduce this behaviour. At first sight it looks to me like a
>> problem with your setup.
>>
>> Can you try to see if the page still shows up in the page index if you
>> filter the page names with then accented character actually used in the page
>> name (in the "Location" column)
>> If they vanish there, too, it is probably something with your setup.
>> In that case: what kind of servlet container did you use? If an apache /
>> nginx etc running in front of it?
>
> Hi Clemens,
>
> Thank you for your help.
> I confirm that the page is listed when I use the filter 'location' in the
> Page Index by entering the title with accents.
>
> _My config :_
>
>  * Debian Jessie (8.2) 64 bits
>  * MySQL Server 5.5.46
>  * Apache 2.4.10
>  * Tomcat 7.0.56
>  * Oracle java 1.8.0_66 (v8)
>  * XWIKI 7.4
>

> Do you think I need to retry the installation with java-7-openjdk - amd64  ?
>
> Bruno

No, Java8 is just fine, I tested the issue with java8, too.

If the document is shown in the page index, the encoding setup should be ok.

The strange thing is that the document macro uses (nearly) the same way to
transport the information (i.e. what pages are sought) to the server as the
document index do - both use a simple AJAX GET Request parameter. (The main
difference is that the document tree sends full page names, and the document
index parts of a name).

Is there any chance that you can talk to the tomcat directly w/o the apache?
Can you see the AJAX-request in the server access logs? Do the search query for
the location (request parameter "doc.location") different from the document
tree (search parameter is just an 'id').
for example an 'è' should show up there as an %C3%A8 (I think) ....

I remember I once had nasty problems with apache as frontend and pages
containing a '+', but I guess this does not apply here /...