Hi,

On 21 Feb 2016 at 05:12:00, Daemoen
(daemoen+xw...@ct-unlimited.com(mailto:daemoen+xw...@ct-unlimited.com)) wrote:

> I have attempted to look through the forums for the answer, unfortunately,
> most of the information is *very* dated (2007, 2008, etc).
>
> Xwiki V 7.4.1
>
> I am having issues with disabling user registration. We do not want
> unauthorized users to be able to register themselves. I have looked through
> various permissions options, and I do not even have the 'unauthenticated
> users' entry in the Users list, so I can't exactly remove register from this
> user since it does not exist.
>
> Steps to setup so far:
> Install .war into tomcat
> Leave wizard and use the 'never' option.
> Login as superadmin, import .xar archive
>
> Create a new user, and begin revoking rights from guests/unauthenticated
> users.
>
> Unfortunately, I have not found any way of actually disabling the
> registration page and requiring an admin to create the account as we prefer
> to do.

Indeed the page at
http://platform.xwiki.org/xwiki/bin/view/Features/RightsManagement would need a
serious rewrite.

Basically you just need to remove the registration right for the Guest user.
Actually since you only wish the admin to be able to register a user, I’d
suggest you only tick the registration permission for the XWikiAdminGroup and
all other groups and users should have the registration box unticked.