Hi,

A couple of days ago, Nicolas Lemoine (and Jean Coury, as far as I
understood) from XWiki SAS did a nice analysis on what XWiki should offer
in terms of notifications, from a more general and user-focused point of
view.

They had a look of how other applications, services or even operating
systems handle user notifications and produced an interesting overview [1],
extracted a list of use cases [2] and created an UI proposal [3] that might
be useful when we start working on it for XWiki.

They`ve asked me to send the mail for them on the community and maybe get
some opinions on the conclusions and even new ideas to where we could take
it.

WDYT?

Thanks,
Eduard

P.S.: I`ve forwarded this mail to the users list, at Vincent's suggestion,
in the hopes of getting some input from our users as well ;)