Hello,
I'm pretty sure this can't be done currently, but I still wanted to double
check.
It seems that Chrome and Firefox prevent linking to local files - so the
IFrame macro, when pointing to file://someserver/somefile.html, doesn't
display anything.
For some reason IE allows it, so I do see the content of my frame when
displaying the page with IE.

I was thinking maybe the xwiki.getURLContent would fetch the content of my
local html file and generate the content server side so that my web browser
wouldn't know the difference, but it doesn't seem to work with my file://
link.

Does somebody have an idea of how I could go about including a local html
file in xwiki pages?

Thanks,
Phil