On Fri, Mar 4, 2016 at 8:44 AM, Thomas Mortagne
<thomas.morta...@xwiki.com> wrote:
> Ok I understood from your first mail that the DW was not showing up
> even after you delete the DW status. Maybe you clicked by mistake the
> "never" button (which disable DW until next upgrade) instead of
> "continue" or something like this. If you have kept the distribution
> status from that time you should see in it if the step was completed
> or canceled.

Apologies, I think I have not been adequately clear

the complete sequence was as follows

sudo apt-get update && apt-get update
reboot
DW runs and appears to complete, but "Pages" is empty
rebooted
DW does not run, "Pages" is still empty
rebooted
DW does not run, "Pages" is still empty
renamed .../jobs/status/distribution/status.xml to status.xml.old
rebooted
DW does not run, "Pages" now shows

the renamed status.xml has contents as per http://pastebin.com/HW4WjFR1

apart from the timestamps, the old version contains

  <previousDistributionExtension>
    <id>org.xwiki.enterprise:xwiki-enterprise-web</id>
    <version class="org.xwiki.extension.version.internal.DefaultVersion"
serialization="custom">
      <org.xwiki.extension.version.internal.DefaultVersion>
        <string>7.4.2</string>
      </org.xwiki.extension.version.internal.DefaultVersion>
    </version>
  </previousDistributionExtension>
  <previousDistributionExtensionUi>
    <id>org.xwiki.enterprise:xwiki-enterprise-ui-mainwiki</id>
    <version class="org.xwiki.extension.version.internal.DefaultVersion"
reference="../../previousDistributionExtension/version"/>
  </previousDistributionExtensionUi>

this does not appear in the current status.xml

Cheers