On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 9:51 AM, Thomas Wendel <drownedincof...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am evaluating the XWiki Rendering Framework for a project of ours.
>
> It was no problem to create a little POC to render some sample XWiki syntax
> into HTML. Next I tried to write a little colour macro that simply renders
> some text in a colour which is specified as a macro parameter. However, I
> did not manage to get the macro executed. In the resulting HTML output I
> get the error message:
>
> Unknown macro: colour.The "colour" macro is not in the list of registered
> macros. Verify the spelling or contact your administrator.
>
> Now I have the following questions:
>
> Is it possible at all to render a macro and execute it standalone with the
> rendering framework (as opposed to running it in the XWiki Platform)?

Definitely.

> As mentioned above, I implemented a little POC application that simply
> renders XWiki syntax. The macro itself I implemented as a standalone jar. I
> put the macro jar in the class path and the macro's package to the
> context.txt of the POC application. Is that correct so far?

No idea what context.txt file is.

The error you get ("The "colour" macro is not in the list of
registered macros") means that it did try to execute macros but your
macro handler could not be found.

Here are a few causes I can think of:
* you don't have your macro's jar in your classpath
* Java macros being components you need to make sure your macro is
listed in WEB-INF/component.txt file in your macro's jar

> Am I missing something totally altogether?
>
> Thanks for your help in advance.
> Regards,
> Thomas

Thomas Mortagne