@component-active-bg is not applied to any specific XWiki element (since
with a search I see that it appears only in variables.less).
But if you use default Bootstrap elements like navs and dropdowns, that
value will be used. Which inherits brand-primary value, etc.

//** Global background color for active items (e.g., navs or dropdowns).
@component-active-bg:       @brand-primary;

To answer your questions you just need to search for a particular variable
inside the .less files.

Thanks,
Caty

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 4:08 PM, Gerritjan Koekkoek <gerrit...@cdlsworld.org