great! I was hoping there was a way to address an object similar to using an array[] type.

Dan

-----Original Message----- From: Thomas Mortagne
Sent: Tuesday, July 12, 2016 10:56 PM
To: XWiki Users
Subject: Re: [xwiki-users] hql query returning objects?

On Tue, Jul 12, 2016 at 7:03 PM, dullfig <da...@grmcompany.com> wrote:
Hello:

I have a problem. I created an XClass with personal info (name, address
etc); but instead of attaching one XObject to many pages (1 to 1), I have
attached many objects of the same class to one single page (an array of
xobjects if you will). Is it possible to query the xobjects for a particular name, and have the query return an xobject, instead of the name of the page? the name of the page does me no good, because I still have to search through
the objects...

doing:

#set( $hql =  "select obj.name from BaseObject obj where obj.className =
'$class.name'" )

returns a list containing the same page over and over, instead of a list of
xobjects.

Can this be done?

You can't directly get an XObject from a hql request but you can get
enough information to get the object from the document.
obj.name is indeed the name of the page, you already know the class
name so what is missing for you is the obj.number.

Then you can do

$xwiki.getDocument($name).getObject($classs.name, $number)

Dan

Thomas Mortagne