Hi Tim,

> On 17 Aug 2016, at 18:17, Tim.Jones <tim.jones....@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Created a new 8.2.1 wiki using mysql and tomcat 7 and initial user (created
> by the distribution wizard) seems unable to create a new wiki despite being
> part of the admin group, which was granted "create wiki" right and also
> being given "create wiki" right in the administration app.
>
> The salient error seems to be:
>
> *Access denied for user 'xwiki'@'%' to database 'wikiweb'* (where wikiweb
> was the new wiki name)
>
> the 'xwiki'@'localhost' mysql user has all privileges on *.*, so this does
> not seem to be the problem - could anyone shed any light on what the problem
> might be or what I could look at?

Looking at the error, it really looks like an error at the DB level (and not at
the xwiki level). As you mentioned, it seems to be a privilege issue: the xwiki
users must have the right permissions for all schemas. I can’t tell you more
but you should check this out.

Something like:

mysql -u root -e "grant all privileges on *.* to xwiki@localhost identified by
'xwiki'"