> I wrote:
> > You should try to stop tomcat fully and start it again. It seems
> > you’re only stopping the webapp and there are issues with xwiki cleanup
> when doing so.
> >
> > Let us know if there are still errors.
> I've stopped and started as you suggest, but I get the same result. The
> catalina.out log gives more data than the one I included before. Below are
> some selected lines. I recall that my previous installation generated a lot of
> warnings relating to Solr, but it's worrying that there are so many. Also, 
> could
> the ClassLoader messages be part of the issue?

Just closing the loop on this thread (and mixing my metaphors in the process) 
the problem seems to be that XWiki is not compatible with openjdk-9. 

The package xwiki-enterprise-common  requires (java8-runtime-headless | 
java8-runtime | openjdk-8-jre-headless), and in Ubuntu 16.04 (server) the 
chosen package fulfilling this dependency was openjdk-9-jre-headless (Provides: 
java-runtime-headless, java2-runtime-headless, java5-runtime-headless, 
java6-runtime-headless, java7-runtime-headless, java8-runtime-headless, 

To fix, I had to install the OpenJDK 8 version (sudo apt-get install 
openjdk-8-jre-headless) and then remove the OpenJDK9 version (sudo apt-get 
remove openjdk-9-jre-headless).

users mailing list

Reply via email to