On Tue, Aug 30, 2016 at 10:39 AM, Pascal BASTIEN
<pbasnews-xw...@yahoo.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I use xwiki 7.0.1 / tomcat-7.0.47 and I didn't manage to upgrade xwiki to
> xwiki 8.2.1.
> Then I tried to use java8/tomcat-8.5.4 to launch my current xwiki7.0.1 but I
> failed with these error message.
>
> To resume, with apache-tomcat-8.5.4 if I use java7, I can use Xwiki 7.0.1 but
> if I simply modify bin/catalina.sh with JAVA_HOME=/opt/jre1.8.0_102 xwiki
> crash with theses error :-(
>
> Any idea what is the problem?

I don't think it has anything to do with Java 8. I'm using Java8 since
a very long time and it always worked well. I would bet for a mistake
in the configuration or something to do with this version of Tomcat
but hard to say without the root error.

> My tomcat launch only on xwiki (without other xwiki or application) and I
> launch tomcat with root account.
>
> Thxs for any help
>

> 9-Aug-2016 16:02:00.903 INFO [main]
> org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start Server startup in 57469 ms
> 29-Aug-2016 16:02:26.239 SEVERE
> [https://xwiki-dev.dom.cp2i.i2/bin/view/Main/]
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke "Servlet.service()" pour
> la servlet action a généré une exception
>  java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at com.xpn.xwiki.web.Utils.getContextComponentManager(Utils.java:695)
>         at com.xpn.xwiki.web.Utils.getComponent(Utils.java:752)
>         at com.xpn.xwiki.web.Utils.getComponent(Utils.java:719)
>

> 2016-08-29 15:50:52,750 [Core extension repository updater] ERROR
> o.i.j.JmxUtil                  - ISPN000034: There's already an cache manager
> instance registered under 'org.xwiki.infinispan' JMX domain. If you want to
> allow multiple instances configured with same JMX domain enable
> 'allowDuplicateDomains' attribute in 'globalJmxStatistics' config element
> 29-Aug-2016 15:50:53.443 SEVERE
> [https://xwiki-dev.dom.cp2i.i2/bin/view/Main/]
> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke "Servlet.service()" pour
> la servlet action a généré une exception
>  java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at com.xpn.xwiki.web.Utils.getContextComponentManager(Utils.java:695)
>         at com.xpn.xwiki.web.Utils.getComponent(Utils.java:752)
>         at com.xpn.xwiki.web.Utils.getComponent(Utils.java:719)
>         at
> com.xpn.xwiki.web.XWikiRequestProcessor.processPath(XWikiRequestProcessor.java:47)
>         at
> org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:154)
>         at
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1913)
>         at
> org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:449)
>         at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:622)
>   <cut>

Those errors are a consequence of a failed initialization of XWiki,
not a cause. You should indicate the first errors you get when Tomcat
starts.

> 2016-08-29 15:50:54,182 [Core extension repository updater] ERROR
> o.i.j.JmxUtil                  - ISPN000034: There's already an cache manager
> instance registered under 'org.xwiki.infinispan' JMX domain. If you want to
> allow multiple instances configured with same JMX domain enable
> 'allowDuplicateDomains' attribute in 'globalJmxStatistics' config element

Thomas Mortagne