Hi,

Any chance there is a local user inside that subwiki with the exact same
name and credentials of the global user you are trying to log into from the
subwiki? If so, delete the subwiki user OR, when logging in, try prefixing
the user name with the main wiki ID, e.g. "xwiki:SomeUser" to make extra
sure you are logging in with the global user and not some local user that
has the same name.

Hope this helps,
Eduard