The "User Index" entry is added to the side menu (drawer) using an UI
extension (UIX) which is implemented by the XWiki.UserIndexUIX page. Maybe
someone deleted or, most probably, saved this page without having the
access rights required for the specified UIX level. For instance for
wiki-level UIX you need administration rights. Try saving this page with an
administrator.

Hope this helps,
Marius