> On 28 Dec 2016, at 10:04, Dung Hoang <zm.h...@zoho.com> wrote:
>
> Good, so you read the guide, but did you try to follow it? If you did try,
> did it solve your problem?
>

> From the link, the guide says
>
> By default, this account is disabled. To enable it, you have to edit
> &lt;xwiki-dir&gt;/WEB-INF/xwiki.cfg, uncomment the
> xwiki.superadminpassword=system line and set a proper password. To disable
> it, just comment this line. Remember to restart the servlet container after
> changing xwiki.cfg.
>
> So you follow the guide, after that you log in with account superadmin and
> password being whatever you set in the xwiki.cfg (which is "system" if you
> don't change and just uncomment the line). After logging in, with the role of
> superadmin you can change every other user's password without knowing their
> old (curreent) password.
>
> I suggest whenever you find the guide not clear enough, you just wing it and
> try for yourself, play around to see how it goes. You will most probably
> figure out yourself how to complete the task. Then, if you still think the
> guide could be improved, you can go back to the guide's page and add a
> comment. Most probably anyone with a bit of technical writing skills will
> volunteer to update the guide soon.

Actually, on this point, I think it’s better if you modify directly the content
instead of adding a comment. The wiki is a collaborative tool and it’s made for
that! Don’t worry, the devs list receives every day a mail with the changes
done on xwiki.org sod if something is not correct the xwiki developers will see
it anyway and will be able to fix it. It’s nicer than waiting for someone to
merge your comments.