Thanks for making what must have seemed to be the most obvious reply of the
recent period <g>.

Since it seemed to me to be not installed, I couldn't interpret "is
installed" as "is installed" <g>

Now that you made it clear that it is bundled with 8.4.3, I see that I
missed a critical item of information on the office importer application
page: "The Office Importer requires a back-end Open Office server for its
operations."

I don't have exposure to open office for a long time now. I will check out
getting open office server set up and hopefully that will help.

Not sure if anyone has told you folks for a while - but xwiki is really
impressive. I am just scratching the surface and it is a real treat.